Remembrance Day is this Saturday, and North Hastings residents will be marking it with a moment of silence at 11:00am.
Moose FM took to the streets to find out what they think about during the minute of silence.
There are a number of Remembrance Day services happening in the North Hastings area on November 11th, at the following locations:
– At the Bancroft Legion starting at 10:00am, before two-minutes of silence at the Cenotaph at 11:00am. A luncheon will follow at the Legion. Station Street will be closed between Hastings Street North and the Post Office from 10:30am until 12:00pm, or until the service is over.
– At the Hastings Centennial Manor in Bancroft at 2:30pm.
– At the ANAF Cenotaph in Maynooth starting at 10:00am, followed by lunch.
– At the Cenotaph in front of the Coe Hill Legion at 11:00am. A Remembrance Day Roast Beef Supper will be served at 5:00pm.
– At the Carlow-Mayo Cenotaph, on the Carlow United Church grounds, at 1:00pm. Refreshments will be served afterwards.
– At the Cenotaph at the Tudor and Cashel cemetery at 11:00am. If weather does not permit an outdoor service, it will be moved to the Community Centre at the Municipal Building. A light lunch will be served after the service.
– At the Apsley Legion starting at 10:30am. Food will be served in the clubroom afterwards.