Sometime this week the emergency propane shutoff switch was turned off at the Village Playhouse.
Hospice North Hastings (who operate the Playhouse) Coordinator Heather Brough says when she did a building check Thursday morning, she walked into an “almost feezing building.” Brough says the heat is turned down in the building when it’s not in use, but it was off when she walked in.
“The emergency shut-off switch on the outside of the building was flipped to the off position,” Brough says a technician explained to her. “Someone used the emergency switch to turn off the propane.”
The incident has been reported to the OPP, but Brough wants to know if this is an isolated incident. She says if this has happened to other businesses that they want to know at Hospice.
Constable Susanne Cox with the Bancroft OPP confirms the incident was reported but did not have any other information on what happened.
“If other businesses have had this happen, we want to know,” Brough says.
Cox says if anyone has information on what happened, who did this, or if you know of a similar incident that happened elsewhere to report it to the OPP.