â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsSchool board setting up online resources to help students while schools are...

School board setting up online resources to help students while schools are closed

With word coming from Premier Doug Ford that schools will not be opening on April 6th as originally planned, Hastings-Prince Edward District School has set-up a website with over 100 educator reviewed and verified resources for students to use while schools are closed.

“These resources are for voluntary use to support learning during this time and will not be assessed or evaluated by educators,” HPEDSB explains in a statement.

You can search through the website by grade, subject or area of learning interest. The categories include: curriculum for elementary and secondary school students in Ontario, other online resources that support learning but may not have explicit curriculum connections, well-being resources, and a link to the Ministry of Education Learn at Home resource page.

The school board notes that all the resources have been vetted by educators with Hastings-Prince Edward District School Board. They add that this is a “starting point” as the school board navigates through the COVID-19 pandemic.

The school board has also answered some frequently asked questions that they have gotten from parents since the Coronavirus outbreak began.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading