Listen Live
HomeNewsSchool Board hoping to release specifics on back-to-school plan in August

School Board hoping to release specifics on back-to-school plan in August

Hastings-Prince Edward District School Board is awaiting word from the province on what it will look like when students go back to school in September.

Schools Boards were asked to create three separate plans for classes to resume in the fall with the plans based on online learning, a hybrid model that would see children attend classes in-person on alternating days or weeks and students being in class full-time.

“Our staff are working to develop three back-to-school scenarios based on Ministry of Education direction,” HPEDSB’s Communications and Public Relations Manager Kerry Donnell tells the MyBancroftNow.com newsroom. She says they’ve been working closely with students, parents, and teachers along with Hastings-Prince Edward Public Health and other community partners. “We will be gathering input from families and appreciate the perspectives they have already shared,” Donnell says.

She did not give any specific information on the plans being built by the School Board. Donnell said more specific information will be known in August.

“Although there is uncertainty, we want to reassure all families, students, staff and partners that we will continue to place emphasis on safety and well-being when preparing for a meaningful learning and working experience,” Donnell says.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading