Effective Thursday, June 1st at 12:01 am there is a total fire ban in Algonquin Provincial Park. That means open fires are not allowed including campfires, along with charcoal and wood burning barbecues. The total fire ban is because of the extreme forest fire hazard caused by this week’s hot and dry weather.
Here is a list of what is not allowed during a Total Fire Ban:
- charcoal or wood barbecues
- biomass stoves
- propane fire pits or bowls
The following is a list of what is allowed:
- portable gas or propane cooking stoves with shut off valve
- portable liquid-fuel cooking stoves with shut off valve
- propane barbecues with a shut off valve
The total fire ban will remain in effect until further notice.